nieucommunities finding God

nieuCommunities stuff

communion, community, & mission

Tuesday

Christianity Explored


It is the last night of our first go at Christianity Explored. I have been very encouraged by this group and how they are so eager to learn. The mix is mostly young new believers as well as those just peeking at Christianity. My hope is for most to take the next step on their walk towards Christ by joining a new Bible Group. And for the others to start attending our church Re:Hope

In conversations with people who have been faithful by coming week in and week out, I am told they do not want to stop! They enjoy the group, the discussion, the times together, and that we care. I am very pleased to hear this because it is a direct answer to a prayer Megan and I had before we started our first lesson. Our prayer was that no matter the discussion, no matter the content, we asked that God would move in the hearts and lives of those who came, and that we would create a place where people wanted to remain.

What does it look like to be so intentional at creating a place that encourages others to abide in Christ so that once they are brought there, they do not want to leave? That was our hope. In our service, our hospitality, our love, our listening, our caring, in our interest in their lives we wanted to show Christ, and show them how to abide with Him. I believe that through the help of the Spirit that has been accomplished! Now, I have a new prayer.

Please join me in praying that we may hand these young men and women over to others who will continue to teach and develop them into imitators of Christ Jesus. I pray that they continue to grow and mature in faith and that we, along with others on our team may be obedient to what St. Paul says,"Take heed to the ministry which you have received in the Lord, that you may fulfill it."

God has answered our prayers for this group, and I believe we have begun to fulfill our ministry to them.